Monday, April 21, 2008

Two Steps Forward. . .

What She Wore: Gosh. . . I can't remember what I wore today. Must not have been anything great. Now I've got on Scottie dog pj pants and a t-shirt.

What She Ate: For lunch I made macaroni and cheese with rotel mixed in. This is super yummy and easy. For dinner I did another one of those Stouffer's skillet meals--beef, potatoes and green beans. My husband loves having a warm dinner so much that he's forgotten that he doesn't like pre-packaged food.


Well, I'm starting to get used to the ebb and flow of things over here. Charlie has, once again, lost a little neck strength. A quick measurement on my part revealed that he has gained another half a centimeter in head circumference. I don't know why I didn't think of it immediately. Whenever he has a "strike" in sitting I find that his head has gotten a little bigger. He'll catch back up, so I'm not worried. Actually, I'm thrilled because a growing head means a growing brain. So many kids with head injuries are behind the curve on head growth.



So, forward and back. You'd think I would have gotten used to the two-step by now.


For those who are interested: Charlie's PT and OT would like to order him a Rifton chair for when he's playing with toys. He should be getting casted for his DAFOs pretty soon as well. Do you know those things cost $900? I am so thankful that early intervention is going to pay for those because my insurance doesn't cover anything for the feet. Whew! I didn't have an extra grand hiding in the couch cushions.