Thursday, April 10, 2008

Grumping

I'm grumping a bit about Charlie and his therapies. I get this way sometimes. . . I just feel like we're not making any progress. I know this isn't true, but sometimes his progress is so slow that it's hard for me to see. I feel like we're moving through quicksand.

The thing is, I hate when special needs mommies whine too much. Don't get me wrong, fighting with insurance companies sucks, and some people are horrible toward those with a disability. I just don't want to become one of those people who doesn't see the beauty in my child. Charlie is a neat, neat, neat kid. He's a hard worker and he has such a charming personality. No one deserves my time and energy more than he does. But I still get so worried--maybe he's going to stop progressing, maybe I'm not doing enough to help him, maybe there's nothing I can do. It's hard, but I know that being a parent is always hard. With Charlie I just worry about different things than most parents.

So, enough whining. Watch this video. Charlie invented this game, and he just loves it. It may look a little scary, but he can't get enough. Things are pretty good over here.

I'm sorry for those of you who can't see this!