Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fractured, Part Two

What She Wore: Green capri pants; black v-neck t-shirt with this tulle-like stuff as trim on the collar and cuffs; black, beaded mules.

What She Ate: For lunch I had the very virtuous chicken and vegetable soup. For dinner--ENCHILADAS! It's pretty sad how much this made my day. Even better? I've got leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Do I think Oprah is a Christian? Nope.

I do think that lumping her together with Obama and the Occult makes somebody look like a raging racist. I also think it's difficult to take a religious message seriously when it's lumped together with a book promotion. Oprah's the devil! Prove you love Jesus and buy my book. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus never once tried to get money out of me. For the record, the only church I regularly tithed to was the one that told us every week that the service was a gift to us. Nothing inspired me to whip a checkbook out of my carefully matched handbag more than that. Sometimes I feel like so-called Christians are actually working against Christ.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a book on writing and it's had a rapid affect on my blog: I'm completely blog blocked. I don't have one thing to say, so instead I'm watching Friends DVDs and ignoring the internet as best I can.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My child is as pig-headed as I am. He's mastered rolling from front to back with the precision of a sychronised swimmer. He's also completely positive that he wants nothing to do with rolling from back to stomach. Don't try it. Don't even think about it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's also getting pretty snobby about his toys. He wants the higher-level toys now--rattles and teethers are rapidly becoming as stylish as acid washed jeans. Unfortunately, he has a lot of trouble operating most toys with his lack of head control, crappy vision, and poor motor skills. The end result is a lot of work on my part to get him operating his own toys. At the end of the day I know I'm as tired as he is--maybe more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawson's Creek Season Five is just great. I've also found that I've played Dawson and the gang so often during Charlie's naptime that putting the DVD in the machine has as soporific effect on the little tot. As the credits roll, he starts to yawn and he's usually asleep by the first commercial break. How's that for suggestive?

***PS: I whipped out my trusty bible and googled it--there's no mention of a swift rise to power in the bible. This is why I think anyone talking about the bible should be required to use proper citations. That could just be the anal English teacher in me, but I don't think so.***