Friday, April 25, 2008

OK

What She Wore: blue jeans; blue t-shirt with spring-colored stripes; brown, slip-on tennis shoes.

What She Ate: Piedini Milanese. I'm having leftovers for dinner.

OK.

My husband would know that this is not a good introduction to a conversation. Usually, when I lead in with OK that means I'm hatching some evil plan. Typically, I've got no clue as to how I would pull this off, but I still want to talk about it.

So. . . OK!

I want to start a play group/mother's group for the mommies of kids with special needs.

In my head there's a website with pre-planned activities. Moms can take their kids to the things that appeal to them and that work for their schedules. It would have a lot of the same activities as a normal playgroup, but there wouldn't be any stress and pressure. Your kid is four and they can't walk? No biggie. G-tube? Been there, done that. There'd be less glaring reality and more having fun with your kids. Wheelchairs/AFOs?/non-verbal--the more the merrier. I mean, I would love to go to some activities with Charlie and I have no problem discussing him and his issues, but I feel like kind of a downer when I'm around people who aren't family.

I'm not sure if I could pull this off. I'd have to find some moms of special needs kids--maybe I could distribute fliers? Better yet would be if I could get some pre-printed signs. Of course, those are expensive. Hmmmmmm.

So, Internet people, give me your thoughts. Maybe all the brain power will generate enough energy to get me going.