Thursday, April 3, 2008

Crazy Projects

What She Wore: Jeans, blue shirt with stripes of orange and turquoise, slip-on tennis shoes.

What She Ate: Chicken nuggets from McDonalds for lunch(I'm slipping big-time here); turkey and stuffing from Lean Cuisine for dinner.

Well, you guys know what my latest projects are: Charlie's birthday party, my vegetable garden, and my Halloween party. My veggie garden has some sprouts coming up, so that good. I've made minimal progress on Charlie's party other than deciding the theme. My mom and I are going to make the invitations and I have to talk my husband out of the idea he has about roasting an entire pig. Yuck! His friend even offered to try to borrow someone's pig roaster. For my son's first birthday I was thinking less scary, dead animals, and more a cute, farm theme. Call me crazy.

But, since I don't exactly have oodles to talk about, I'll tell you about a crazy project that I've been working on for a couple of years, and that I'm finally starting to see the end of.

I decided to read every interesting fiction author whose last name starts with A. This seemed simple enough when I thought it up. I was wandering around the fiction section and Barnes and Noble and had no idea how to choose between all the interesting books. I finally just decided to start at the beginning. My criteria were simple: read at least one book from every author that I'd heard of, and read any other books that looked interesting or important from a literary standpoint. I didn't have to re-read if I'd already read something, and I didn't have to go back if something was added later. I think I've read about 25 books, and I have about two and half books left.

I'm not sure what I'll do next--go on to B, maybe? Or something entirely different? Before that I was reading dystopias, which was also pretty interesting. If you're interested in the books from either of these projects, I've put them all in Mylibrary, so feel free to check it out.

***Someone asked me and I can't find it anymore, but I use a Kodak Easy Share Camera from the Z series. Z is for zoom. I've reasearched the fancy, professional cameras, but mine is easy to use and takes pretty good pictures, so I'm sticking with a point-and-shoot for now***