Monday, March 24, 2008

This and That

What She Wore: printed t-shirt that I was supposed to wear on Friday, but changed my mind at the last minute and didn't; blue jeans, those trusty gray and black herringbone mary janes. I need to go hunt up some spring shoes now that Easter has passed.

What She Ate: Half a ham and bacon sandwich, sauted potatoes, and a Caesar salad. I don't know what I'm having for dinner. . . whatever they have available at the concert.

I really love my son's therapists and I know that it is very important for him to see them on a regular basis. For this reason, it takes something incredibly major for us to miss therapy. I've actually only cancelled one therapist one time and that was because Charlie had the weakened immune system and this particular therapist brought lots of items that were handled by a many children. I just thought it was too risky.

So, today when my BIL and SIL who were visiting from Florida called to say they wanted to have lunch, I was very disappointed that I wouldn't be able to go. They, my husband, and my MIL were all going to go to this cute little cafe that specializes in breakfast, but also has some great lunch food.

Charlie had a dual therapy session planned: his OT and PT were going to come jointly and asses and discuss equipment, braces, splints and the like. It was going to be a pretty big deal and like I said before I NEVER cancel therapy.

Well, I may not cancel, but the therapists do sometimes.

Today, I got lucky. One had a sick kid and the other had a meeting she didn't know about. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them just didn't feel like working the day after Easter, but that's OK with me--I got to go to lunch.

Yum. Yum. Yum, and my BIL picked up the tab. Doesn't get any better than that.

Tonight, I'm going to a roots music concert. My husband is all about this type of music, so I'm going to put on my happy face and pretend that I'm not completely exausted from the weekend. I'll have a good time--I'm just tired.