Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Did I Mention I'm Crazy?

What She Wore: Forest green turtleneck; blue jeans. I can't remember the shoes--they couldn't have been that great if I can't even remember them.

What She Ate: For lunch I had leftover BBQ chicken pizza. For dinner, we had red beans and rice.

Lately, I've started to realize that I'm getting a bit odd in my old age. I didn't notice until the last week or so, but I'm definitely starting see that I'm not as main stream as I once was.

I sort of hinted at, but I wasn't entirely clear when I said that I heat my microwave dinners up in the oven. I don't actually own a microwave. I've had one for years. Someone gave us one when we lived in Texas, and in Arkansas it was a built-in. There isn't one in our current home and it just isn't a priority. We only used it to boil water and to pop popcorn, and right now we don't feel the need to go out and get one. We may never get one. This, apparently, is weird, but I don't see the point on spending money on something I never use.

We are currently without TV. We plan on getting some rabbit ears, but we haven't gotten around to it.

Today, at a hardware store, the woman at the checkout told me that her body had never been the same after having a car accident. I started telling her all about the chiropractor I knew of that supposedly worked miracles. She looked at me and said, "I don't believe is chiropractors." Damn. I didn't even know that was controversial. Insurance covers it, so I felt that was pretty mainstream.

I'm weird, right?