Thursday, March 27, 2008

There's a Penguin in My House

What She Wore: Black, v-neck tee with short sleeve; blue jeans, leopard print slides with a wooden sole and a little narrow pink buckle.

What She Ate: PF Chang's Kung Pao Chicken and Mongolian Beef for lunch and dinner. I made my mother take me out to lunch because I was kind of depressed about the cat. Then, I took the leftovers home and had them for dinner.

Today Charlie's OT brought over a Penguin Pediatric Stander. Sounds cute, right? Well, they tried to make it look cute too. Here's a picture:

The reality isn't as great. At first Charlie HATED it. Well, mostly he hated being put in it. Then, he thought it was super-cool to be wheeled around the house. Then, he just acted confused. He's supposed to stand in it ten minutes twice a day to stretch out his hamstrings and prevent him from losing bone mass. He's a little too small for it (darn short genes), so we had to do some finagaling. This belong to a former client of our OT's who donated it when her daughter grew out of it. Charlie will use it until he grows out of it.

So far, he's not terribly impressed.







I also bought him a Baby Safe Feeder today too. He likes that a LOT better than the stander. Here his is trying some grapes.



PS: Still no sign of the cat--three days seems to be the magic number for cats. If he doesn't turn up after three days I'm going to lose it. So far, I've patrolled the neighborhood and checked the Animal Control's website--no luck. I left out some food, but all I got were a lot of ants. Hopefully, this is just a little vacation and he'll be back by the end of the weekend.