Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day Fifteen (of Twenty-Eight)

What She Wore: White and red baseball shirt; blue jeans (dark wash); grey herringbone print mary-jane-type shoes.
What She Ate: Fettuccini Alfredo. My dad's recipe with artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes tossed in.

Here's that light fixture post I was talking about.

Our new light fixture is a big hit and everyone who comes over seems to like it. Despite not really having a budget at this time, I am plotting for the day when I get to replace the "nipple light" in the entryway. For whatever reason, I am drawn to what I'll call granny lights for this area--basically, lights that your grandma would love. Frilly, full of crystals and what have you. I'd love something huge and ridiculous, but I think 28 inches is probably a maximum height and anything wider than 20 inches would just take over the place.

I also have to consider the fact that there is a second "nipple light" further down the hall. I've never been into match-matchy (just look at the rest of my house), but I do think that two light fixtures in the same area should at least coordinate.

Here's a set that the Hub and I both agreed on. The first one would be for the entryway and the second one would be the hall light.
Then, the Hub says that he thinks the entryway looks "Art Deco." He thinks we should consider an Art Deco fixture. So, I start looking at Art Deco fixtures. I'm not sure if I'm that kind of girl, but we're a team here--I always consider his input. I found this one that I liked a lot, but there's no complimentary fixture for the hallway--I'd have to figure something out on my own.



Then I found Rejuvenation Lighting. They create reproductions of period pieces. I found their lighting beautiful and the prices were within the range of other places. They had this light. I think it's pretty freakin' cool and it has a small round version that would coordinate nicely. Good thing I'm still in the planning phase because this would be a seriously tough decision at this point.


I'm still without Spellcheck. Please forgive me!