Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shunt-tastic

What She Wore: You know--running pants, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. I did exercise today, though, and that's the whole point. Now, I'm just hanging out in my jammies.

What She Ate: Stouffer's turkey and stuffing. In addition to exercising, I'm also working on portion control. Microwave meals really help with that because there's no pot to snack from once the meal is over. I'm going to be trying to eat them for a little bit to get an idea of how much I should be eating. I don't, however, put them in the microwave. They are so much better if you put them in the over and heat them up the old-fashioned way. I'm a freak, I know.


Right before Charlie went for his shunt surgery, I tried to find a picture on the internet to show me what it would look like. I couldn't find any. Today, I thought I'd post some pictures in case someone else's in ever in that position.


Here's what he looked like right after surgery with a little swelling and stitches:



Here is a picture of him taken today, which is about four months after surgery. Personally, I think it's pretty hard to see at this point. There's definitely a bump, but it's not the first thing you see when you look at him.