Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Wrap-Up

I just finished what has to be one of the busiest months of my entire life. We ramped up the therapy, hosted out-of-town guests, went to football games, traveled out of the country, and celebrated Halloween as a bunch of pirates. Not to mention our little heart scare and subsequent procedure. I'm tired, but I think it's a good thing.

November will be less insane, but still busy. . .fall is always kind of hectic. I'm doing a little volunteer work (gasp!), and we'll be going to Little Rock to celebrate Thanksgiving with our Arkansas friends. And did I mention that I'll be turning thirty in less than three weeks? Seriously, I should be freaked out, but I keep forgetting about it.

All of this is in answer to a question Nadine asked me when I talked about my business. She wanted to know how I could wait til March. Truthfully, putting myself out there is hard. I don't want to put my name on something unless I really think it's an excellent product. Add that to the fact that I am really busy being a mom, therapist, cook, wife, friend, daughter, blogger, and Tiger fan and there are only so many hours in a day. I'm squeezing in painting and planning on the sidelines. March is my goal because that's when I can start applying for the next season of art fairs and Junior League boutique nights. I need to have packaging, plenty of product, business cards, and all that other jazz by then. So, even though it would be great to cash in on this year's X-mas madness, in reality, I will have to wait until 2009 to really get things off the ground. Stay tuned. . . pretty soon I'm planning on showing you guys some of the stuff I'm making.

In Charlie news, things are great. On Friday he had a substitute physical therapist who decided to let him practice walking. He held onto a bench and she moved his little legs back and forth. He went back and forth several times before he got tired, and held on all by himself. Also, his theratogs have finally arrived in the correct size and we tried those on as well. His sitting looks so good when he wears them and the sits up a lot straighter. As for ABR, I just tallied it up and we got in eight hours this week. I feel pretty good about that. We're just starting out, so some of the early sessions were just thirty minutes. I'm still struggling with a good way to do the jaw/larynx, but we'll work it out. I feel so good about this therapy that literally, my heart sings a little bit. It is the only thing I've done for Charlie that feel 100% beneficial. I'm so cheesy!

I realize that most of you didn't log on to read my ramble, but just wanted the good stuff. . . pictures of Charlie in his Halloween costume. I didn't take any, but I promise to post them as soon as I get some from my mom.

Happy fall, y'all!