Friday, November 21, 2008

Keeping Track

One of Charlie's therapists suggested that I keep track on all the changes I've seen since we've begun ABR. I figured no better place than right here on the internet, right???

So, without further ado, here's what we've seen in the first forty hours.

  1. We've seen noticeable lengthening of his neck and better definition of his chin.
  2. Spitting up/reflux has gone down about 90% and we've been able to discontinue Prevacid (a savings of thirty bucks a month!).
  3. He uses two hands when drinking from his sippy cup.
  4. He make more sounds more often, and they are longer.
  5. I've noticed changes in the way he breaths--his breaths are deeper.
  6. His therapists think that he is using his eyes more.
  7. Crawls for longer distances.
  8. Actively tries sit up and often manages to get upright in the process. Of course, he then topples over, but it is progress.

And, for those of you that are active members of Team Charlie and need pictures, here are some of Charlie in his new walking contraption. So far, he mainly thinks it's nuts, but every once and a while he makes the stepping motion with his right foot, which his PT is very excited about.

Ummm, they won't let me add pics at this time. I'll upload as soon as blogger gives me a little luv.