Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Feeling Crazy

So, I've got two crazy plans afoot and frankly, I think I've lost my mind. This has not, however, deterred me. Apparently I am unafraid of failure these days. Well, I'm probably still afraid, but I'm not letting it stop me.

My first plan is to expose Charlie to some new types of movement. I was thinking swimming. I did a bunch of searching and I can't find one place around my house that has an indoor pool. Scratch that, I can't find any clubs with an indoor pool. So, I'm thinking about sending a letter and a cute picture of Charlie to two local hotels and see if they would let us use their pool about two hours a week. Sound crazy? Probably, but it can't hurt to ask.

My second idea is even nuttier. I think I want to get an article published. I realize this sounds pretty grandiose, but hear me out. There are many, many mixed-media publications and I read a bunch of them. Pretty much every month I read an article that I think I could have written. I realize that here, on the blog, I pretty much post incoherent nonsense, but I did take fifteen English classes in college not including two I tested out of. I am capable of clear written thought. I think that I could write a decent, editorial-style article. So, now I'm in the process of figuring out how to write a query.

Anybody out there in blog land have any tips for either of these ideas. I'm feeling a little nutso, but I figure I've got very little to lose on either venture.