Sunday, May 11, 2008

This and That

In the middle of the night I have a million potential blog topics. As I sit here today, though, I've got nothing. I'm thinking anxiously about Charlie's upcoming birthday party--I have got to make some headway on the invitations since I'd like to mail them next week. I've got a guest room that may actually get some guests, so I need to work on that too. Currently, we've been using it as a dumping spot for all the stuff we can't find a home for.

Charlie has a CT scan on Thursday, so we can check the status of his shunt and ventricles. It seems like things are OK, but I guess you don't know until you check. If this one goes well, then I think we'll have appointments every six months as opposed to every three to four. Say a prayer or keep your fingers crossed for that one.

I'm still trying to get an appointment to meet with a private physical therapist. I've now made seven calls and I still haven't got it squared away. Luckily, I've got nothing but time and I'll call as many times as needed.

It's been over a week since Charlie's EEG and I haven't heard anything. I can't decide if this is good news or bad. I tend to lean towards the "no news is good news" school of thought, but I'm still anxious. I'd like to know for sure.




On other fronts, I've got veggies growing in the garden although not very many. My husband jokes that we've got just enough garden for some salsa--we've got two jalapenos and some tomatoes thus far. Our bell peppers and cantaloupe are in bloom, so hopefully we'll have some of those as well. My cucumbers, green onions, and lettuce were all destroyed due to my own novice gardening skills--my bed wasn't high enough and a big rain came and drowned them all. Lesson learned--you need a high bed!




Also, I've got a fashion-related idea brewing in my head and I can't wait to tell you all about it, but I'm still working out the details. Just a hint: it will combine my love of shoes with my new, eco-friendly attitude.