Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More of the Same

Howdy! We had a lovely weekend and I've been a bit reluctant to return to the real world. Tomorrow, however, we will be uncerimoniously thrust back into it.

Tomorrow, we begin private physical therapy at the local hospital. Tomorrow, I have to get us there by 8:30--no small feat, fill out paperwork, and then we'll be "evaluated." It's never really fun to be evaluated because the whole reason you're there is because you're behind. From what I've read on other blogs, they like to document EXACTLY how far behind you are in a bunch of different areas. Yippee!!


We already have a pretty busy schedule--we see OT, PT, and an Instructor every week. We see a speech therapist every other week, and we have the vision therapist come out once a month. I've questioned the sanity in adding yet another therapist, but I think it's the right thing to. Gross motor is, by far, our area of greatest deficit. Well, his vision is pretty sucky too, but there's only so much you can do about that. I'm hoping that going to a clinic will give us access to equipment that you just don't find in a home-based program. Equipment like a creepster crawler or maybe a walker paired with a treadmill. Maybe I want too much too fast, but I feel like young children have such a capacity to learn and grow, and I want to make sure Charlie has every opportunity.


So, tomorrow we'll get up early (for us), and we'll listen to things we don't want to hear, so that Charlie can have the best life possible. Just more of the same.