Wednesday, January 2, 2008

MIA

What She Wore: Long sleeve, purple and gold LSU tee; my old faded Levis; slip-on tennis shoes.

I've been a bad blogger. I haven't touched the computer in over a week. I have a really good excuse, though--I don't have internet access at my house yet. Hopefully, I'll have it set up by the weekend. In the meantime, I've been getting a lot done, eating more than I should, reading books, and watching movies. Oh the things you'll do when you don't have internet or cable.

I guess I'll update quickly: Christmas was stressful. Too much driving/doing/seeing and not enough relaxing and enjoying the family. New Year's Eve was random and I enjoyed the free, premium liquor just enough to make me sleep like a rock. My husband got in touch with his inner child and scared an entire party full of fancy-pants real estate types. Luckily, the host thought we were all really cool. He must have had more of the premium drinks than I did.

New Year's day was lovely. The Hub made corn beef with potatoes and carrots. I made cowboy caviar and my MIL made sauted cabbage and a pecan pie. We feasted while family and friends paraded in and out all day. The house is still a wreck, but that doesn't keep us from inviting people over.

I hope everyone's New Year was as lovely as mine. I'll be blog-hopping as soon as I get the chance!