Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day Eight (of Twenty-Eight)

What She Wore: Pink sweat pants; red t-shirt. We're working on the house today, so I'm in my grubbies.

So many nice people commented on Charlie's bottle strike that I thought I should give an update.

We called the on-call neuro, and he said that if he's taking solids than it probably isn't related to the medicine. Instead, it's more likely a developmental situation. He instructed us to mix his solids with lots of liquid and bring him to the ER if he shows signs of dehydration or a severe digestive problem (like black or bloody stool).

So, we've been eating tons of solid food, and it's a big hit! Chicken noodle actually gained smiles. We resorted to just squirting some medicine/formula down his throat and he swallows that just fine. I guess it's sucking he's opposed. As is usually the case with Charlie, he tell us what he wants and when he wants it.