Friday, February 19, 2010

Jealousy Jane

Sometimes I think it's good to get stuff off your chest--it lets you breathe. I want this blog to be about living joyfully and sometimes you have to bare your soul a little to get to the joy. Like when I was teaching and a kid drove me crazy, I would finally break down and admit to myself that you just weren't going to like every student and that was OK as long as you were still fair with every student. Every single time, I liked the student more the very next day. Just something about putting it out there, offering it up to God, or whatever your particular spiritual beliefs are, made it better.

So today Internets, I'm letting it all hang out. I'm a jealous Jane today and I don't like that version of myself, so I'm writing it down and letting it go.

I'm jealous of:

  • People who have four perfectly normal children when I have only one who's not perfectly normal.
  • People who have the time and money to go to the gym.
  • CP kids that can talk.
  • People who get pregnant and never worry one little bit.

There it is. I'm done. I know I have a wonderful, blessed life, but I wanted to share that I struggle too.

Any jealousies you'd like to get off your chest?