Thursday, February 11, 2010

Colors

Candace reminded me that colors are a something to work on with Charlie. We've covered it several time before, but reinforcement is the name of the game right?

So I did this cute little activity where I was pulling red and yellow things out of a box and putting them into the correct pile. I stole that idea from Alli at No Time for Flashcards--my mecca for cheap learning fun.

Charlie wanted no part of this activity and kept turning all the way around in his Rifton chair and staring pointedly at his See and Say.

Finally, I got frustrated and held up a red pentagon and a yellow triangle. I said, "which one is red, Charlie?" I put them on his tray.

He took the pentagon off the tray and threw it on the floor.

I tried again, both shapes on the tray, "Which one is yellow, Charlie?"

He took the triangle and threw it on the floor.


I'm gonna go ahead and call that a success.