Saturday, February 13, 2010

Good Things

Been posting every day since I got back from Blissdom--I guess I'm on a Blissdom high or something. I'm generally an every-other-day kind of gal so we'll see how long this lasts!

As always, in no particular order, things that are making me smile:


  1. Charlie's right hand. Charlie has this toy that has three handles--one red, one blue, and one yellow. Grab one and it will say "yellow" or whatever. Grab two at the same time and it will say the secondary color. For example, if you grab red and yellow at the same time, it says "orange." I had very little hope of Charlie using both hands well enough to ever get there, but these days I'm hearing "orange" "purple" and "green." Hooray!


  2. Snow. The perfect amount--enough to take some pictures, but not enough to shut down the whole state. What more could a girl ask for? Loved seeing the difference in Charlie between this year and last. This year there was interest and exploration.




  3. Mardi Gras. Contrary to popular belief it's not one big drunken strip show. Most locals are more into the hangout/eat fried chicken/sit in a lawn chair part of the holiday. Lots of friends we haven't seen in ages will be in town and I can't WAIT to see them.



  4. Saints. Superbowl. 'Nuff said.


  5. Yes, I took a picture of the TV--I'm a dork like that.


  6. These shoes. May not look like much, but they are hella comfortable without making me look like an old lady. Turns out flats aren't as bad as I thought.