Monday, June 1, 2009

Hear That?

If you hear someone jumping up and down with excitement, that would be me. You see, Charlie has finally become a child who watches videos.


I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't see what the big deal is. I'm equally sure that there are those who are horrified that I'm letting my two-year-old watch TV.


There's a little twist to this story, though. You see, I do therapy on Charlie each day that requires him to be pretty darn still. This has not been easy and I've had to resort to doing most of his therapy while he sleeps. This meant that almost all my mommy-time was eaten up by therapy.


A new day is dawning! Charlie is in LURVE with the Baby Signing Time Videos. I pop one in and he's completely still for twenty-seven minutes. Plus, I don't feel too bad because they are educational. Every once and awhile he looks like he's trying to do one of the signs, which is a bonus.
In other happy Charlie news, he babbled for the first time this morning. I haven't heard it again, but once is better than not at all. Also, he can officially crawl backwards. This is a bizarre feat and I really do need to take a little video of it because it's weird.

My MIL brought over a fragrant vine for our yard and I love the way it looked curling over my new note cards--lovely! These notes and others listed in my shop now.