Sunday, June 28, 2009

About That Bathroom

I still haven't gotten my camera back, so I had to take all new pictures with a camera my SIL lent me, so sorry for the delay. Here's the skinny: the bathroom is plain, 1989-fabulous. There's nothing horrible, but it definitely needs some updating. You've seen the horrible towel bar and the rest of the accessories are pretty much the same except without the bizarre bend in the middle.

Everything in this bathroom belonged to the previous owner. I never found my own shower curtain post-move, so we just made do with what we had. I didn't replace this curtain til about five minutes ago and above the toilet is actually a knick-knack rack with little figurines of nekkid babies taking baths.





This is a picture of the bathroom we when we looked at the house--we've been using that shower curtain.



I don't have a ton of money, so I'm not doing any major renovations. I could do the floor, but I don't want to have to redo it later, so I'm ignoring it. My game plan is new accessories and paint. In an ideal world I'd redo the whole thing in a 1920's theme--claw foot tub, and hex tile on the floor. Since I can't have all that, I'm going to get what I can.



I bought this towel bar at target--I liked the look.





I'm going to paint the plain wood vanity and change the knobs.

Max feels that his rear end should play a part in all household activities.


I'm going to take down the wall paper border and paint the walls a brighter shade of white--right now they're a very light blue/gray color. I'll probably scrape the ceiling while I'm up there and I'm also going to take down the faux stain-glass window.







I'm going to replace the nasty toilet paper holder, the switch covers, and hopefully the mirror.



Sorry for the sideways pic--my SIL's camera doesn't auto-correct like mine does.


I'm going with a dark blue and white scheme.

I'll be trying to update on my progress every Monday!