Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This Week's Freak Out Brought to You by Ear Tube Surgery

So, by the time you guys read this, Charlie will probably be in the process of getting ear tube surgery. I've barely had time to think about it, and now it's here. I think that's for the best. I do fine with these things unless I think about them too much and then I scare myself for no good reason.

It's funny, I was envisioning the art expo as some kind of finish line, but in reality, it's like someone just fired the gun at the starting blocks. Between tying up loose ends on the business stuff and tending Charlie's therapy needs, I've barely had time to blink. I had my first online order and I set up a Facebook page too! Still a million little details, but I'm starting to get the swing of it!

I've barely had time to notice that next week we are headed to Dallas for another ABR session. Seriously, I can't believe it's already been three months and CANNOT wait to hear what Leonid's evaluation will reveal. I see progress and I hope that he can too. I am sad because Erin won't be there this time, but Dallas is a fun place and I know people there, so I'm sure I'll keep myself occupied.

You know, I've been thinking about this kind of stuff a lot, and for my family ABR is a really good fit. Yes, it's a lot of work, and honestly, I can completely see why people don't want to do it, but for us it just makes sense. Sooooo. . . Dallas, here we come!