Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Downhill Slide?

Today was our third day of training and the first day we didn't have to come back to the center later in the day. Unfortunately, it was also pretty much freezing and my mom does not do cold weather. So, all we did in terms of sightseeing was drive around the Old Montreal area. It was kind of crazy--narrow street and tall buildings. I would love to spend a whole day down there with a camera, but that's not really in the cards for this trip.


Today we practiced the neck technique on each other. If done incorrectly, it can be very uncomfortable for a child, so they make you perfect your technique before doing it on your baby. I feel about one hundred percent better about the neck technique than the chest one. I can see myself doing it and doing it effectively, which is a good thing. The problem with yesterday's exercise is that they want me to do it seated and I spend half my time trying to keep Charlie in the correct position. I think I may ask the head trainer about some other possible positions, since he's the one who thought we should do it seated.

We ate lunch at Subway and then did our driving tour of Old Montreal.

We hung out at the hotel awhile, stopped by a grocery store and then my dad and I went out to check out the Warhol exhibit. Talk about weird. Each room was set to a different kind of music including one room that seemed sort of like a basement in the seventies--complete with strobe lights, a cushy couch to lay back on, and psychedelic images floating across the walls. My favorite room was the disco one. One room featured "sculpture" that was rows of boxes and another had what looked like helium balloons shaped like pillows floating around. It was definitely super-arty.

I'd like to leave you with some pictures but the hotel's connection isn't allowing me to upload, so I'll have to do it when I get home!