Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Operation Take Care of Mommy

I think that every new mom can attest to letting themselves go a little. When I was pregnant I was getting regular pedicure, going shoe shopping, and generally making sure I looked nice. After Charlie was born there was a spiral of not sleeping, not fixing my hair, and generally wandering around in my pajamas.

So, now that things are less stressfull and more routine, I've decided to spend a little time on myself.

Today, I had my eyes examined for the first time since before I got pregnant. I'm wearing my contacts now (no real change in my prescription), and I ordered a new pair of super-fabulous glasses. Sadly, they are JLo brand, which I find a little disturbin, but I thought they were cute. I still have my trusty black frames, but now I have some fun ones too.

I also managed to get in a little exercise twice this week, which is nothing short of a miracle.

Now, if I could only figure out what the hell to do with my hair.