Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ruminating

I was going to title this post "licking my wounds." You see, a few weeks ago I shared that a local business person was interested in selling my artwork and stationery in her newly opened store. I was over-the-moon excited. Excited to be working with someone young and creative; excited to be out in the public eye a little; just plain excited.

Well, yesterday I sent her what I believe was my third e-mail saying that I had all of my products store ready. Mind you, she's told me very exactly how many pieces she wanted and I'd even done some stuff specifically with her location in mind. In response to my third e-mail, she replies in such a way that makes me think she has no idea who I am or what I'm talking about. If the e-mails weren't physically sitting in my in-box then I would swear that I'd dreamed the entire thing.
I tried to be upbeat and professional in my response, but it's hard to find the right words to say, "don't you remember? You told me you wanted ten canvases?!?" So off another e-mail went, but in my heart I don't think things are going to work out.


I'm hurt. My ego is bruised. I'd allowed myself to be excited--I told my friends and family, and now I'm going to have to tell them it's a no-go. I hate that. I feel like a failure which is never any fun.

Today I also got a very interesting offer to work on a project that's near and dear to my heart. It has to do with special children, and information, and hope.


So I'm wondering if this is a "sign." A sign to move in new direction, try something different, and maybe, just maybe do some good. I have to tell you, I miss the days where I felt like I was doing good on a regular basis.
Sometimes you get an answer, but it's not necessarily the one you expected.
Thinking hard on this one tonight.

Here's Charlie with the ABR machine on his head. It looks crazy, but I also think he looks cute with that goofy turban on his head!