Monday, December 28, 2009

Good Things

The teary-eyed edition!
  1. Our local high school named a girl with cerebral palsy their Homecoming Queen. I think that every parents fear is that their child will never be included. The fear is multiplied by a bazillion when they've got special needs. I find it simply amazing that these students reached out and wrapped their arms around this girl who is so very different. These things change all the time, but right now this is the High School that Charlie would attend. I'm not saying that its perfect, but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the stories you read about kids beating up the special needs kids after school. I'll admit to some crying while reading the story.

  2. No less than three people that I love dearly are expecting babies in 2010. My baby fever is in high gear now. Logistically, I have no idea how we would swing me having a c-section and being out of commission for weeks, but I'm definitely feeling the push to add to our family.


  3. Disney World--we're totally going. I don't know when, but I'm ready.

  4. My husband working part time all week. Hubby is a complete work-a-holic. When he leaves at "the earliest" he's home around six. This week he's working just a few hours a day and I'm having so much fun taking him on errands.





  5. 24. I'm about eight years behind the times on this one, but I've been watching 24 on DVDs I borrow from the library and can you say addicted? We're all about the Jack Bauer at this house.

  6. My new iPhone. It was supposed to be a birthday present. I got older last month, but Hubby? still a work-a-holic, so I got my present today. Hooray!



  7. My new camera. Amazon was having a one-day only sale. I have been wanting a new camera since I busted the flash on mine almost two years ago. Add in free two-day shipping and the fact that I'd have to wait another month for my husband to buy me a gift, and it was a no-brainer. Look forward to even more pictures on this here bloggy blog!