Sunday, December 27, 2009

Feelin' Good

On Charlie's first Christmas he spent the day either woozy or seizing. I knew there was something wrong with him, but I wasn't able to put my finger on what it was. He was acting funny, doing strange things with his eyes, and he seemed very subdued. On the other hand, I didn't want to ruin everyone else's holiday by freaking out about could be nothing.


Last year we ended up in the hospital after Charlie contracted some nasty virus that completely dehydrated him.


This year--gasp!--Charlie is sick again. Please feel free to knock on wood, but I'm pretty sure this year we'll be able to avoid hospitals and doctor's offices. He's sick, but he's not defeated. He's eating and drinking and still playing with his toys. He woke up from his nap happy.

It's nice to know that every illness doesn't have to be a major emergency these days. All the work we've put in is starting pay off and we can see him getting healthier and better able to deal with the little things. We're not fighting for the basics any more.

In other news. . .

I rock at RockBand.




Ok, that's a complete over-statement. I am, in fact, totally mediocre at RockBand, but I love, love, love banging on those drums. Made for a completely awesome holiday in which I was not required to make any small talk at all.


It really is the little things.