Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Freudian Slip

Well, I missed my appointment with the Physiatrist today. They told me two-fifteen and I heard two-fifty. I showed up smiled, and they told me I'd missed my appointment. We go back next week.

I definitely think it was some sort of Freudian thing. I really don't want to go to this appointment. I've put it off for about two months, but the PT keeps asking about it, so I figured I'd better go ahead and schedule it.

You see, I'm facing what I would call a pressure sandwich.

I've got the physiatrist who wants to put Charlie on Baclofen. I don't want to put him on Baclofen, but I'll still have to listen to the benefits of it. Including some stuff that I think is total crap. Stuff like, "it really only effects the tight muscles." Right. An oral medication. Sorry, but my barely-passed-Biology brain finds that a little hard to believe. Also, Charlie's PT and OT feel strongly that Baclofen is not the way to go.

The PT and the OT are lobbying for Botox injections in Charlie's hamstrings. The doctor, on the other hand, doesn't think that Charlie's condition is severe enough to warrant Botox. All of Charlie's alternative peeps (which includes my MIL and my husband) think that botox is an unwarranted poison that doesn't need to be anywhere near Charlie.



So you can see the situation I'm in. No one agrees. There's no consensus. Also, all these people and all these opinions won't be with me in the doctor's office. There, I'll be alone.

Is it any wonder I don't want to go?