Saturday, April 11, 2009

This and That

I swear that I'm going to try to get a little more consistent with my blogging one of these days. I really do have plenty of stuff to talk about--I just struggle with coherent thought by the end of most days. So. . . in no particular order. . . here's what's been going on.

Charlie will be two in June and it's starting to show. He pretty much only wants to eat spaghetti o's or whatever my husband and I are having. We're having to switch gears pretty quickly and start getting him his own food when we go out. I suspect we're going to be completely done with toddler meals pretty soon.

He's also decided that he does NOT want to poop in the potty. I'm a little blue, but also a little happy since this is a pretty regular kid thing--I love it when my kid acts like everybody else's kid!





Our combo of ABR and Feldenkrais really seems to be working for Charlie. He's really starting to use his right hand more, although it is still less cooperative than his left. He doing a great job in kneeling position and he's getting really good at pulling up to a stand. Also, he's starting to use his legs when he commando crawls.



Our local early intervention bureau is reviewing our equipment requests. I am DESPERATE for this stuff, so let's all cross our fingers that it all gets approved.

Charlie's been working on communicating with a borrowed Cheap Talk 4. He understands how to use it, and understands what each button is for, but I don't think he "gets" that this is how he's going to communicate with us. Basically, he thinks it's a funny game. The understanding is there, though, so his speech therapist can't wait to get him on a more advanced system.


I guess the final bit of news is that I've come down with a case of the crazies and am seriously considering participating in an art expo in three weeks. I'll have to go full-speed for the next three weeks to pull it off, but it's a great chance for exposure and it's free so I'm thinking about going for it. I've always been a last minute kind of gal, so this may be just the way to jump-start the s-l-o-w process of starting a business. I'll know for sure my Monday afternoon, so I'll keep you posted.