Sunday, April 12, 2009

Full-Speed Ahead


I'm not entirely sure that I'll be participating in the Expo in May--I have to call tomorrow to see if they have room--but the idea of it has jump-started a lot of thoughts that I had, but somehow never managed to get done.

Part of that is developing a web site for my art.

Let that sink in. . . I'm designing a web site, which by the way, I don't actually know how to do.



I'm going with one of those customize it yourself deals where you pay 5.00/month and customize a pre-made template. I've got a lot of options and things seem to be coming along, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I ask my husband for help and while I totally appreciate his opinion, we have vastly different aesthetic sensibilities. Right now it's going to just be a basic page with contact info and whatnot, but soon I hope that it will link to my online store where I will sell original artwork, prints, note cards, and maybe magnets.


Also, for the Charlie fans out there, today was Easter and Charlie did an awesome job using both his right and left hand to grab and bang together Easter eggs. I'm getting crazy hopeful about that right hand these days. We also let him play the piano, which simply reinforced my belief that he is a complete music lover. I would tap out a little pattern and he would do it too. I showed him where a C note was and I could see his little fingers exploring, trying to find it himself. He also did plenty of good, old-fashioned banging, and gave the keys some good licks (low-vision kids put everything in their mouths), but I can tell he's got a real ear for music and I'm trying to figure out how I can incorporate more of it into his life.