Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's New?

Well, things are largely occupied by my grandfather's funeral tomorrow, but there are other things going on in my life. No matter what happens, life does go on.

I've decided to go ahead and purue Feldenkrais therapy. I contacted a woman I found through the national website and we clicked. She's more interested in helping than in money, so the big issues will be how often I'm willing to drive out to see her as opposed to cost--whew! I had one of those "signs" as well about Feldenkrais, which has only furthered my desire to check it out. I've been reading the book Escape about a woman who was born into a polygamist cult and eventually decided to escape. She dedicates a few sentences to her son with special needs and it just so happens that she is pursuing Feldenkrais therapy for him. So. . . I decided it was meant to be. In case you're wondering, the book was VERY interesting.

And then there's my art. I come up with a couple of designs that I'd like to put on stationary and maybe some baby apparel. I've also done a series of artwork for nurseries. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to turn my artwork into the right types of files and have finally decided that I will save myself a ton of headaches if I just hire a graphic designer for the technical stuff. I have absolutely no problem with ideas and even with making sketches and artwork--my problems are with stuff like changing colors and sizes. I'm hoping that I'll be able to show you some of my designs within the next thirty days, but we'll see.

Other than that, I'm just plugging along and trying to keep my head above water. Things have been pretty crazy since Christmas and I'm sincerely hoping that they are going to calm down sometime soon. Honestly, if they don't calm down soon I'm going to have to go hit up the doc for some prescriptions because my stress levels are getting a tad high.