Monday, January 19, 2009

Good News

I have good news. I've been kind of a downer recently, but really, life goes on and good things do happen.


My husband has been offered and has accepted a really wonderful opportunity. First, let me say that the ends have not met at my house for the last fifteen months. It was a decision that my husband and I made and we don't regret it. We used savings to cover the difference and we've been fine. Now, finally, I think that we might--MIGHT--be able to tie those ends together. That doesn't include Charlie's ABR bills, but we've been getting lots of family love on that score, so things are pretty good there too.


The best part of the job, though, isn't the money--it's the opportunity. My hubby bumped into a guy at Smoothie King who's in the process of building his own engineering company. He's looking for a right-hand man and thinks maybe my husband could be the guy. He was looking for a guy with a ton of experience, but he loves that my husband is former military, and is deciding to give him a go. There's the possibility of partnership in the future, which is huge AND the guy is paying our Cobra until he gets group health insurance in place for his company.


So there it is. Good things happening here in Bird Land.


This is one of my all-time favorite pictures: my grandfather and his brother dressed to attend college at Tulane University (gramps is on the right). The chains on their vests hold club pins--my grandfather's is for the debate team.