Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Part Where I Whine For a Bit

I'm sure no one wants to hear me whine. Actually, I'm pretty sure no one is even reading this blog since I've been MIA for a week, but that's OK--you probably don't need to read this anyway.

My mother broke her foot on Friday evening.
My grandfather (the terminal one) did not handle evacuating very well.
My parents evacuation condo in Baton Rouge went without power even longer than their house in New Orleans did.
My desk top computer has been infected with some seriously nasty virus and I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to put her down. That's the computer that the Internet is hooked up to, so it's been two days of trying to figure it out before we relented and just hooked up the laptop.
My MIL's cat died--most likely from all the stress of Gustav.

Can I please get a break? I've got the last minute evacuation crap, the hospital stay, and then I come back. Everyone's stressed to the max from the last storm and NOW they're saying that there's another one coming. I broke down and attempted to self-medicate by drinking rum and diet coke. You know what? That made me stressed with a touch of panicky.

I've got tons to write about Charlie, but right now I'm just gonna go sip some tea and watch Reba. I need a break or something.