Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day Fourteen

What She Wore: Yellow polo with purple stripes, blue jean capris, those damn strappy black sandals. I can't wait till tomorrow because I know I'll be wearing some different shoes!




Well, I guess God doesn't like to let you wallow for too long. Today, we had a wonderful appointment with an opthamologist. As I've mentioned here often, Charlie has lousy vision. I went to a very fancy doctor--a nuero-opthamologist, and she left me with more questions than answers, and wanted to order a battery of tests that I wasn't really interested in. So, my dad met a pediatric opthamologist on the tennis courts, and we decided to go talk to him, and see what he said.




Basically, the news was all good--even better than I hoped. He sees no problems with Charlie's optic nerve, and doesn't think that there's any problem with his eyes getting the message to his optic cortex. He has, however, experienced vision loss on one side due to the hemmorage in his brain. Like this:










He does not feel that this is a big deal, though. He thinks Charlie can see and focus, and shows none of the warning signs of a person with low vision. He sees no need for surgery or patching at this time, and just wants to see how Charlie's vision develops naturally. He said that there's no promise of perfect vision (I was SO past that dream), but he considers things "promising." This is coming from a person who has developed a repuation as someone who can estimate "visual prognosis." So, I'm pleased.




On top of that, Charlie has now rolled from his stomach to his back twice. I'm not sure he could do it again, but it's a good sign that he can do it at all.




Take that!