Sunday, February 1, 2009

Second Verse Same as the First

Well, Charlie seems to have gotten the nasty, mouth sore virus again. He's miserable and only wants to be held. He's thrown up once. I can actually SEE one of the sores and it looks terrible. I'm going to call the pediatrician in the morning, but at this point I think we're just going to end up giving him fluids and alternating Tylenol and Motrin. I'm determined to stay out of the hospital for this round, so we'll see how things go.

With my business plans I continue to chug along slowly. I purchased a domain name for my company so it can have a web site one day. I did some sample runs of my thank-you cards and just hated them. I was not at all pleased with the job that the printer did, so my husband is going to start calling around this week and see if we can find something better.

We've been doing Feldenkrais for two weeks and on Friday Charlie reached for something with his right arm again. It wasn't a great reach, but he's definitely showing an awareness of his right side that he didn't have previously.

My final bit of news is that I've taken an unpaid decorating job. I LOVE interior design, but of course, don't have oodles of cash lying around to spend on stuff. My husband's friend is a contractor and needed someone to help him pick out finishes and fixtures for a job he's doing. Basically, he's got this wealthy client who wants to redo the kitchen, bathroom, and an adjoining closet in her guest house on the river. She wants to keep the cabinets, but change the pulls, appliances, counter tops, and back splash. She's doing the same thing in the bathroom. The closet is one of those ones with bi-fold doors and she wants to turn it into a party station. I didn't take the whole thing very seriously when the friend asked me if I'd help him out, but today I was over there taking pictures of the areas, so I guess he meant it. Crazy stuff.