Friday, February 13, 2009

Day Two

Well, we had our first day of training today and it was very informative and I was very happy to be there. I was about thirty minutes late which was not the best, but I left with plenty of time and then drove in precisely the wrong direction.

Our first day of training was with Fletcher's family and it's fun to catch up and chat with people you mostly only know through the computer. In true Charlie form, Charlie took little interest in other children and mostly wanted to crawl around on the floor. He tolerated a small amount of demonstrating and then fell asleep for an hour. I found out that we're going to learn five new exercises while we're here and I could be more thrilled. We got started on two of them today and we'll be learning more tomorrow.

Afterwards we went and ate Chipotle with Fletcher's family. It was nice to talk about exciting stuff like Prevacid, Feldenkrais, and cognitive programs for our kids. Ok, it was nice for Erin and me--I'm not sure everyone else at the table liked it as much. Charlie quite enjoyed the chicken beans and rice that I picked out of my burrito for him, but I'm not surprised because he loves Mexican food as much as I do. Honestly, the kid has been eating non-stop since we left on this trip and I'm worried that he might explode soon if I'm not careful.





We spent the rest of the day taking it easy: we spent a long time at a stationary store and probably an equal amount of time driving around being lost and looking for Benadryl--I forgot that I'm allergic to Texas.