Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home at Last

Well, we're home.

I have to say that it wasn't too bad as far as hospital visits go. I watched DVDs and sketched a little and it's hard to complain too much about that. My only complaint would be that I had to have people bring me food because I couldn't leave Charlie while he was there. It could definitely be worse. Mostly, we just hung out while he got fluids pumped into him.

Charlie caught something called herpangina. Basically, it's a virus that causes sores in the mouth and in his case it also caused some serious, exorcist-style vomiting. Apparently, it's a common childhood illness and doesn't appear to be related to his other issues. He's doing fine now after charming all the nurses and getting tons of attention. He still has the sores in his mouth, but they are healing and don't seem to be bothering him very much. I'm eager to get to work on some art projects and thrilled to be home. I've even come up with some ideas for blog posts!