Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another Awesome Surprise

Or not so much.

I've been having some medical issues. Nothing serious, but the symptoms concerned me, so off to the doctor I went. After the single most embarassing exam ever, it was determined that I need to have a colonoscopy in the New Year.

Can you say woo hoo?


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie is getting so strong these days that his OT exclaimed in the middle of therapy on Monday, "I think I need to go to Canada!" Everyone has been really impressed with the gains Charlie has made. We're going to see the neurologist and the physiatrist next week, so the timing is good. He made a lot of good progress since the last time he saw them around his first birthday. I'd say it's pretty impressive--not hard to be impressed by your own kid, though. I will say, however, that I couldn't be happier with ABR and would recommend it to anyone who was interested.

He pretty much never wants to be in a chair. He wants to roll on the floor or prop sit in front of his Leap Frog table. He's eating an amazing amount of food--the other day it was two bowls of oatmeal and an egg and a half. He also likes seafood gumbo, any kind of beef or chicken, and cucumbers with vinegar. If you're holding him, you better hold on tight because he's wiggling all over the place. I've really enjoyed this spurt in growth and development and maintain high hopes that he'll continue to improve.