Saturday, August 9, 2008

Quiet

Things have been pretty quiet around here lately. I've been trying to avoid over-spending, so I've been home cleaning (shocking), occasionally exercising, playing games on Facebook, and other really exciting stuff like that. My fall is going to be exceptionally busy, so I should probably enjoy the calm before the storm.

Charlie is inching along. Physically, I'm noticing strength in his arms and shoulders. He holds his head up well and I think he COULD sit up if he could get the balance part. Fingers crossed that theratogs will help with that. He learned what they call "intentional release." Basically, letting things go on purpose. This has inspired my brother to play what he thinks is the best game ever--making Charlie drop whatever he's playing with so he can have whatever Uncle is playing with. This is my favorite development because we didn't have to teach him this--he just picked it up.


His real advances have been more subtle. He seems to know what we're saying to him. He understands sit up, stand up, bye bye, no, all done, clap, and more. And those are just the things that we can prove. I suspect he knows many more things that I can't prove. He loves his reading cards and smiles at them. He is enthralled by Sesame Street. My favorite improvement is that he's starting to say the consonant sound "m." We've been working on this for-eva. It doesn't happen often, but it is happening more frequently, so hopefully it will become a regular thing.


Things are moving along in my world too. I had an idea to do a little project in Charlie's room. That idea spawned another idea that spawned another idea, and before I knew it I had spent hours researching and had a notebook full of notes about starting my own business. I have only talked to four people about this idea and each of these conversations has led to more research, more ideas, and more questions. This idea may never leave the notebook phase, but it has piqued my interest in owning my own business or working from home.

We'll see. . .