Monday, August 25, 2008

Lazy Post

I've got house guests coming for the weekend. And did I mention that I'm going to the LSU game? Did I? DID I? I am so freakin' excited. I haven't been to a game since I was a student, so I am completely excited even if it is just the first game of the season. I'm going to tailgate and see a bunch of people I haven't seen in ages.

Anyway, point is, I'm super-busy trying to make my house look less like a disaster, so I don't have a lot of big posts in me. I did, however, finish the alcoves and hang my new curtains. Hanging the new curtains, however, revealed the saggy mini-blinds underneath, so I'll have to address that at some point. In the meantime, pictures!

Here's the one by my bedroom. That's a New Orleans Jazz Fest Poster hanging there. My father gave it to me. I don't know how many of you have heard of the New Orleans Jazz Fest, but it's a pretty big, pretty amazing event. The posters become collector's items as well. My dad has one from every fest for like the last twenty years. This particular one is from 1982.



This is the one off the den that leads to the second bathroom, and the other two bedrooms. That painting I did. It's a knock-off of a painting someone else did that I liked.



One day we want to redo the trim in white and get real wood doors, but for now this will have to do.

Now, the curtains!

Here's a picture from when we were looking at the house. This is not our furniture, but my husband did make me keep up those curtains because he thought they were nice. Men?!?



Here are the new ones--try to ignore the saggy mini-blinds--I'll get to those eventually. You can also ignore the jumbled mess around the curtains. Or not. Whatever.