Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Suspect

I suspect that I am not alone as a parent when I say that I always feel like I could be doing a little bit more for my child. I think that we all have this little nagging voice that tells us that we're doing OK, and our kids aren't being neglected or anything, but a little more time/money/energy/whatever would really be better.

I have three big projects looming on the horizon with regards to Charlie. Two involve his intellectual program. By the way, he LOVES his reading cards. I highly recommend the Glen Doman books for anyone interested in starting an intellectual program with their children--brain injured or no. I also have to make some "choice cards." These are basically laminated images that represent different things. This way he can make choices even though he's not really talking yet. Eat or play? Chair or tummy time? You get the picture.

I just feel a tremendous amount of inertia these last few days. Even the smallest tasks seem to big. Ugh! I just need to get my hiney in gear.