Thursday, June 19, 2008


Yesterday we had three appointments. Today we had two. It's been a busy two days, and in addition to that, my husband had me running around doing things for him because he's been working in Baton Rouge all week. That's why yesterday was so nuts. Also, I knew we were gearing up for another big day, and in my heart or hearts I wanted to lie in bed til eleven.


We tried out Theratogs today--both the PT and OT came and one stayed lated and the other came early, so they could work together. He did really well, and seemed to like the support he was getting. He tolerated a lot of fiddling and was fine as long as we kept some music playing. They were still having some issues getting his pelvis the way they wanted, but they were missing the literature on the pelvis, so they may get that worked out too. I could already see a difference in his head control with them on, so that's good.

In a rare moment of serendipity, I called the doctor and secured a prescription for Theratogs in under an hour. One phone call and one hour. I think that's probably a record for getting something done via the medical establishment.

Other than that, I realized today while perusing my day-planner that I'm supposed to be leaving for a vacy to the beach in one week and two days. I don't even have a swim suit. Oh well, a week at the beach in a good thing no matter how you slice it. For those of you that are wondering, no, Charlie won't be going with us. It's an extremely long drive and it would just be too much for him. Plus, I think he's a little young to be spending a lot of time in the sun. So, a week without the baby. Charlie and I will be taking a vacation with my family in September to New York City! I'm so scared to fly that I get nervous just writing about it, but the tickets are bought. Add to that a possible girl's weekend to Houston and a trip to Arkansas in October, and I feel like a regular jet-setter or something.

Suddenly, the boring, stay-at-home mom thing has taken a turn for the hectic.