Sunday, June 22, 2008

Friend Stalking

Ok.

That is never a good beginning. It means I'm up to something.

Here's the thing.

There's a young couple that moved in down the street from us right around the time we moved in. I see them at a lot of different community things. I'd really like to meet them because I think it would be nice to know some people our age in our neighborhood. There are a lot of old people here who came here to retire. We're not exactly in a young, hip neighborhood (yet).

The problem is, I see them all the time because I have to drive past their house about four times a day. They, however, probably don't know that we exist since they don't have to drive past our house for anything. That's just the way our neighborhood is set up. What to do? I'm considering just going up and introducing myself the next time I see them. Something along the lines of "Hi, we live down the street--I see you cutting your grass all the time." Would it freak you out if someone did that to you? Would I sound like a stalker? I wouldn't mind getting to know one of the few couples in our neighborhood that aren't retirees, but I don't want to come off like a psycho either.

What to do? What to do?

Give me some advice.