Monday, October 5, 2009

On My Mind

I really should write a blog post every day. I don't think people would read every day, but that would prevent me from getting this pile-up of thoughts that's so difficult for me to separate. I want to write something and jumble of thoughts from the last week or so just comes spilling out onto the page. It's like that "word vomit" that Linsday Lohan spoke so eloquently of in Mean Girls.

Ken over at Blogzilly and Dawn from Wherever HE Goes We'll Go both gave me a Lemonade award. The award is for a blog with attitude or gratitude. You're supposed to take the award, and then link to ten blogs that you would like to give the award to. At this point I think that almost every blog I read has already been given the award, so I'm not sure who to nominate. Also, I love getting an award, but I hate giving it because I hate, hate, hate the idea of excluding anyone. It's like a sickness with me. I know it's silly, we're all adults here, but I just know that I'll forget to mention some wonderful blog and I'll be kicking myself long after everyone else has read this post and gotten on with their lives. I'm a dork like that. So, thanks guys for the award, but I'm going to leave it at that. Of course, now my all worried that I've offended the people who gave it to me--really, I need to take a chill pill!

Other than over-analyzing a blog award, I've been thinking about the trip to the neurologist we're not going to get to take, nutrition, the parenting books I've been reading, and all sorts of other stuff. Plus, I'm trying to entertain Charlie who's not feeling that great himself.

I'll try to get it together and post something that makes sense soon. I think all this cough medicine has gone to my head.