Wednesday, July 1, 2009

To Whom it May Concern


Dear Hospital Billing:



  1. When you make a coding error, I don't think that I should have to waste hours of my time straightening it out. You are actually receiving a pay check for dealing with billing. I am not. Also, I have a toddler screaming in my face because I'm ignoring him.

  2. Sending multiple bills for the same procedure is a horrible practice--I don't know who came up with it, but it sucks. Surely with the gazillions of dollars streaming into you facility you could find some way to put it all on one bill.

  3. Charging 1200 dollars for a "room" when my son had out-patient surgery seems like a bit of a stretch. Plus, it wasn't so much a room as it was a rocking chair a bed and a curtain. Rooms have walls.

  4. When I agree to pay in installments, please don't call me every five days about my account. You're getting my money--now leave me alone.

  5. I am not a moron. I understand the terms of my policy. I know I have a deductible. You, on the other hand, seem to be confused about the entire process.

  6. When I call YOU about my billing, please don't act like I'm a degenerate who doesn't pay their bills. I'm trying to straighten it out--do degenerates do that?

  7. And finally, please do not expect me to blindly pay an UN-ITEMIZED bill for $300 dollars from 2008.

Thank You,


The Mother of a Special Needs Child



PS: Going to see the neurosurgeon next Wednesday, but we're managing the temper tantrums pretty well around here. It may just be a case of the terrible twos.