Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Cleaning

So we're still suffering with allergies over here and I decided that a little spring cleaning is in order. There's really only one problem: I don't know much about cleaning. In my defense, I don't think my mother knows much about cleaning either. She was raised by a bachelor (I shudder to imagine THAT bathroom), and as long as I can remember we've had a cleaning person who comes about once a week. I mean I didn't do my own laundry or even load a dishwasher until I left home. Pathetic, right.

So I actually own a book on cleaning, but what I want are the secret tips that you get from actually cleaning. Like dusting. What are you guys dusting with? Paper towels? Swiffer cloths? What about toilets and bathtubs? What really gets the funk up?

For the most part I find that this isn't a super-commenty blog, but I need some help. . .share your cleaning tips, please!