Monday, May 10, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over

Well, it's been a good week for me. In addition to killing it in Rockband yesterday, a few other wonderful things have happened.

 

  • First and foremost, my article came out in Cloth, Paper, Scissors, which is a national art magazine. People who know me well keep saying, "national?" Yes. National. I'm over the moon. The article itself is pretty dry unless you're an artist, but here's a link to the table of contents, and here's one of the pieces that accompanied the article (above).
  • texture012forweb

  • Last month my local artists' group had a show at a frame shop here in town. The show ended and I asked Hubby to pick up my pieces the other day. When he got back he told me that the owner is interested in selling my work in her shop. How freaking awesome, right?
  • finished piece 2

  • Finally. . . had Charlie's hearing checked and it's normal! Can't tell you the last time somebody called my kid normal.
  • plants 032