Monday, September 28, 2009

Full

I'm due for a new post, but my brain is so full of ideas this evening that I really can't find a way to get anything coherent out. I actually worked for quite some time on a post, but I'm just not quite ready to send it out into the world, so today I have nothing.

I have a medical equipment representative coming out to my house tomorrow. Charlie's PT and OT will be present and hopefully he'll have some ideas about what types of equipment will work best for Charlie. There are a lot of emotions and thoughts running through my head and hopefully things will be a little more settled tomorrow. Charlie's PT is lobbying hard for a wheelchair. This is a radical departure from where we were just a few days ago, so I'm still sorting out my feelings. Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to order a wheelchair for a two-year old? I mean, if he could use it to move himself around then that would be great, but I suspect I'll be highly encouraged to buy some souped-up stroller and that seems ridiculous for a kid with who can sit in a regular stroller easily.

Charlie's just a tough case because he's so complete Moderate in his disability and his PT agrees with me so it's not just me being irrational. He not so disabled that he obviously needs things, but he's disabled enough that his physicality holds him back. Too add to the confusion, my husband hates the idea especially since we'd just picked out a really nice stroller that we thought would last us a few more years.

Like I said, hopefully tomorrow will bring some clarity because right now I have no idea what I'm doing.