Sunday, August 3, 2008

Picture Post

I had an incredibly busy weekend--most of it was on Saturday. There was home improvement, Charlie's first hair cut, an art show, and a visit to hear some live music. First, let me tell you about the house. My house has a long hallway that runs front to back. The bedrooms and bathroom are off this hallway, but rather than just having doors off the hallway, there are these two little cubbies--one for the master bedroom and one for the other two bedrooms and bath. I thought this would be a good place to do something dramatic--not too big, so it won't over power the place.

So, we painted them red.

We're almost done and it has taken SEVERAL coats of paint. This picture was taken during the process.

Well, my cool, red alcoves couldn't just have these lights:


So this weekend we took advantage of the no-tax things and picked out some mini-chandeliers to hang there instead. I couldn't find a picture of them and they're still in the box, but they look kind of like this:

But, of course I couldn't hang the lights on a popcorn ceiling, so I started scraping the ceiling this weekend.

And then I ordered some fancy light switch covers.


One day we want to replace the doors too, but that will be a huge project, and for now I'm sticking with the easy stuff.


And, just for the Charlie fans, pictures of his first hair cut. You have to excuse my wet-mop hair--I was fresh out of the shower.